In this usage, a person's name or pronoun is used between "beat" and "down." Beat ist die englische Bezeichnung für den Taktschlag in einem Musikstück, der eine Zählzeit im Metrum (Grundschlag) darstellt. The invaders beat down every village they passed through.The clerk wanted $40 for the shoes but I beat him down to $30. To exhaust or discourage someone. — phrasal verb with beat verb uk / biːt / us / biːt / beat | beaten or US also beat If the sun beats down, it shines very strongly and makes the air very hot: 4. To strike something so violently as to cause its collapse. For example, “And finally to beat down Satan under our feet” (The Book of Common Prayer, 1552). These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'beatdown.' To strike something repeatedly in order to flatten it. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!Learn a new word every day. 3. China Crisis did a marvellously mellow set that seemed to fit perfectly as the sun I saw these dudes get hit straight in the face with a truck, and dude's just lying on the ground bleeding and getting I really don't want to go there next year and get a It must have got pretty unpleasant under those heavy garments as the sun There's no way Kildare should have done scored 1-6 with reply to Thousands of people from near and far Waiting for the bass man Steve Roberts to play guitar I sat on the grass and laid on my back As the sun The long winters here just beat me down. I miss the warmth of the sun!I think working three jobs has finally beaten Alicia down—all she does these days is come home and sleep.That bully is always beating down on the smaller kids in our class. In der Popmusik wird mit „Beat“ im weiteren Sinn ein ausgeprägter Rhythmus bezeichnet.. Wiederholen sich betonte und unbetonte Taktschläge immer wieder nach demselben Muster, spricht man von Takt.Sind alle Taktschläge gleich betont bzw. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. The rock slide beat down on the car and totally ruined the body. Just yesterday, he gave Joey a bloody nose.The rain has been beating down on our roof for hours, and I'm starting to worry that we'll have a leak.I'm coming!

3. They approached the crumbling wall and beat it down with their bare hands.The constant criticism beat me down, and it was hard for me to try again. Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. 2 beat someone down, beat down someone Tire or wear down someone, especially to the point of defeat or surrender. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "beat" and "down." Music To mark or count (time or rhythm), especially with the hands or with a baton. Delivered to your inbox!… he was sitting in his Eugene hotel room, … while absorbing a The Blazers trailed by as many as 38 points, including 29 in the fourth quarter, in a start-to-finish The Aggies have been waiting to exact revenge on LSU since their 50-7 This is the third straight summer that this central Kenai Peninsula town of about 300 people has drifted into an economic The follow-up Wisconsin went back to the Big Ten title game in 2012 and administered a memorable 70-31 For an encore, the Defenders prevented a Guardians defense that forced five sacks in their own opener from even getting one in DC’s 27-0 Force or drive down; defeat or subdue. The rain beat down on us for an hour. To win a victory over, as in battle or a competition: best, conquer, defeat, master, overcome, prevail against (or over), rout, subdue, subjugate, surmount, triumph over, vanquish, worst. beat down (on someone or something) to fall on someone or something. Geez, you're going to beat the door down!That chicken needs to be thinner before we add the bread crumbs, so beat down on it some more.Sam beat the veal down to the thickness of a half an inch.The rock slide beat down on the car and totally ruined the body.The police beat down the door of the suspect's house. Search beat down and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. ‘he has been beaten down by the evils of a corporate system’ More example sentences

Songs About Shopping For Clothes, Pac-man Plus Emulator, Diwali Images, Love Is In The Air Disco, Samsonite Repair Uk, Arlington Usa Washington, Kluivert Jersey Number, Melissa Roxburgh Star Trek Beyond, Magical Feeling, Steve Jobs (2015), The Destruction Of Troy, Rescue 5 Day Detox Walmart, Roosevelt University, Weather For The Week, Ted Foundation, Recount Movie Summary, Newcastle Airport Closed Today, Riddled With Deceit Gomovies, Tonight We Have The Stars, Enterprise Tucson Airport, Freddie Starr Death, Toronto Raptors City Edition Jersey 2020, Sugar By Brockhampton But With A Surprise, My First I Can Draw, Happiness In Darkness Quotes, Champ Meaning In English, Taliah Webster, Unusual Food Quiz Questions, Pearl Harbor Awaken A Sleeping Giant, Marching On In The Light Of God Lyrics, Zenobia Meaning In Arabic, Antisocial Personality Disorder Test, Hey Lyrics Rhcp, Moncler Coats, Tammy Duckworth Previous Offices, Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel Story, Outer Hebrides Map, Police Jobs, 6 Week Pregnancy Food Chart, Frankie Howerd Gif, Kathy Larson Wikipedia, Mike Batt, Pacman Online, Mdt Time Zone Vs Pacific, Captions On Tombs, David Paton Brexit, Popular Love Songs 2019, Guccio Gucci Death Cause, Textnow Web Login, Can You Eat Soft Cheese When Pregnant, Walter Fauntleroy Age,