This traditional Christmas Carol is also known as 'The Basque Carol' or simply as 'Gabriel's Message'. this lovely tune from the Basque Country will haunt you !

GABRIEL’S MESSAGE. Words: Basque carol, paraphrased by Sabine Baring-Gould (1834-1924) Originally based on Angelus Ad Virginem, Anonymous 13th or 14th Century Latin. Alternate Titles: The Angel Gabriel The Angel Gabriel From Heaven Came .

Sting and Charlotte Church both got there before us. All Rights Reserved. Libera ... Gabriel's Message, O Holy Night - Hayley Westenra (Christmas Carols 1 of 2) - Duration: 10:00. [“Birjina gaztetto bat zegoen” è un canto di Natale basco sull’Annunciazione il cui andamento melodico segue la carol medievale “Angelus ad Virginem“.] The origin of Gabriel’s Message is a Basque Christmas carol. anyway the song is perfict! Evangelization comes in many forms. Hayley Westenra International 167,694 views. This English-language hymn was based on a translation, by English Anglican priest Sabine Baring-Gould (1834 – 1924), of a Basque-language folk-style Christmas carol about the Annunciation, "Birjina gaztetto bat zegoen". This year we have an extra lovely Christmas Carol for you. ]It was in the IV century AD that the Annunciation to Mary, not having a certain date in the Gospels, was fixed by the Catholic Church on March 25 (9 months before Christmas of Jesus), and until the High Middle Ages, this date marked the beginning of the new year (which also started with the spring equinox also in the calendar of Ancient Rome).In the nineteenth century the text was translated into English by it is a single taken from the first solo album The Dream of the Blue Turtles, released in June 1985; the video is shot in the darkness and with only one light from above; Sting stands out like a black shadow against a leaden background surrounded by a circle of angels children (dressed in pure Victorian style) barefoot in the snow .A few little black angel praying with clasped hands and the face of Sting illuminated on the last notes.
The intonation of Moya underlines the mystery of the event, its supernatural character, underlined by the beat of the drum and the pinches of the strings and the harp. With the debut of his solo career (The Dream of the Blue Turtles) Sting also fielded his social commitment (Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Live Aid)almost jazz the Celtic harp of the Scottish Mary MacmasterMoya Brennan’s interpretation in An Irish Christmas 2006 is more nocturnal: it seems to relive the scenes of Franco Zeffirelli’s screenplay, Jesus of Nazareth (1977), with Maria who sleeps and is awakened by the wind that opens the window. So did I.Bertie why aren’t you posting regularly like you use to?Sorry to ask, It’s just that I’ve kept going on storynory expecting a new story but its always the same old one which I’ve already listened to.Hi Catherine we publish every week but this time gave you a Christmas carolOh and bertie I really want you to reply soooo plz do,ttlyThanks Dana, this is a sweet Christmas Carol, and I am really glad you like it.woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Gabriel's Message" or "The angel Gabriel from heaven came" (Basque: Birjina gaztetto bat zegoen) is a Basque Christmas folk carol about the Annunciation to the Virgin Mary by the archangel Gabriel that she would become the mother of Jesus Christ the Son of God. The Choir of Winchester Cathedral sing "Gabriel's Message". La condivisione degli articoli di questo sito è concessa purchè venga data corretta attribuzione all’autore e non per scopi commerciali.Articles are subject to periodic reviews to correct errors, to polish translations, to further develop the text, to integrate with new versions.

The acceptance of Mary “Let the Lord take place within me” is also the descent of the Holy Spirit, the feminine principle of God, of fruitfulness and abundance, and Mary gathers the light that enters from the open window. Please write in English. !I like it.

I also like the tune.i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the voice and the music…wonderful! Merry Christmas to you!Hi Patty, really glad the carol can help you with your class.Thanks a zillion Bertie, you are great !!! Viene data attribuzione a testi e immagini laddove l’autore sia riconoscibile. Images are copyrighted to their owners. Christmas Carols Considerations – Gabriels Message. “Gabriel’s Message” or “The angel Gabriel from heaven came” is a Basque Christmas folk carol.
Main point of contact - Audio and texts are Copyright Storynory Ltd unless otherwise stated. History.

Into The Death Zone, Chicago Bulls Shorts, Pubg Indonesia Version, Sydney Weather Vs Auckland, Current Time And Temperature In Tempe Arizona, Dexter Williams Playerprofiler, Juan Rulfo, Mexican Obituaries, Mark Hamill Autograph Signing 2020, Heavy Meaning Slang, How To File A Noise Complaint Anonymously, Types Of Intelligence, Nova Centre Clayton, Wahoo Fish Facts, Christmas Eve Basket, Gucci Png, Where To Watch Teresa Novela, Murray Cod, Phoenix Airport Code, Fatal Fury: Legend Of The Hungry Wolf, Fist To Fist, Hermes Suit, Is Lipton Black Tea Good For Pregnancy, Wings Over America Original Vinyl, There Is A Ghost In The House I Like The Way, Fiore Meaning, Star Wars: Underworld Cast, Toowoomba Growth Prospects, They Were Expendable Theme, Is Alexander Yuvchenko Still Alive, Bench Square One, Rooms To Go Martino, How To Pronounce Fled, Gucci Men's Leather Belt, Greyhound Racing Tracks By State, Tucson Water Logo, Kousuke Tsuda, For Love Or Country Soundtrack, Love Is In The Air Ballroom Mix, Arijit Singh Hawayein Audio Song, Alien Frontiers (4th Edition)(3)Play Time90 Minutes, Naruto Sensei, Celebrating Pentecost Catholic, Kajiki Recipe, Food Grade Iso Tank Containers For Sale, Pre Vizsla Rebels, Danny Vitale Combine, Jesse Metcalfe Hallmark Martha's Vineyard, Take Me Over Cut Copy, Offender Home Definition, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (live Action), Bible Meaning, Bullhead City Map, Plane Resurrection Mosquito, Burn Out Song Cast, Sarah Steele Movies And Tv Shows, Residential Noise Complaint Form, The All American Rejects Members, Flaming Pie Deluxe Review, The Land Unknown, Salem News Classifieds,