Was this review helpful? It actually is ponderous and pretentious.

Was this review helpful? The score is amazing and Henry Forda is magnficent.

Younger people will say it moves too slow, but more experienced movie goers will love the building drama and the character study. I was wrong, I was 14 yrs old when I went to the local movie house to see this movie in 1969. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) Cast: Claudia Cardinale , Henry Fonda , Jason Robards , Charles Bronson , Gabriele Ferzetti , Paolo Stoppa , Woody Strode , … 6 out of 6 found this helpful. If your a film lover you can't fail but admire this film.Charles Bronson is the perfect broody loner.

I would imagine that a lot of the members of this site are much younger than myself and have only watched these films on DVD or TV quite recently.

Looking back I'm thankful, because if it wasn't for his involvement, I would never have discovered the beauty and majesty that is Once Upon a Time in the West.

It's like a thousand mile journey & each scene is a step towards the ultimate showdown between Frank & Harmonica.

'Once Upon a Time in the West' is a beautifully-constructed and majestic opera of violence. 26 out of 29 found this helpful. The look is fantastic. Was this review helpful? From the classic opening scene to the explosive climax, 'Once Upon A Time In The West' sucks the viewer into its vortex of emotions as layers upon layers are gradually peeled away revealing each characters true motivations. Leone's masterful storytelling and Morricone's crazy, beautiful, epic soundtrack; desperate, haunted faces which look like the barren landscapes the story is set in and a plot that unfolds with impeccable pacing to culminate in THE ultimate western finale.
The camera work is revolutionary and Leone's demand for long uncut dialogue forced actors to be on their game. It was odd to see Henry Fonda as the villain, especially one who takes great pleasure in inflicting pain on others.
One is his understanding of pacing events, and the other is using his actors/actresses to actually act. The high def version was (no pun intended) a real eye-opener, with amazing clarity. You can still see all customer reviews for the product.

It's been around for nearly fifty years, and is widely regarded as not just one the best Spaghetti Westerns of all time, but one of the best Westerns full stop. Bronson was decent but Jason Robards was much better with his tip on guys patting females bottom n the tip on don't get shot by a person who doesn't know to shoot.

Just a spot on cast and a spot on story. There's two things that stand out to me always about this movie, and indeed about all of Sergio Leone's movies. Harmonica isn't in a hurry to get there, he's a patient man & will not rush as he keeps his eye on the prize.

Their faces have anticipation written all over them, even while the most interesting things they can find to do are toying with a fly, drinking water from a hat and cracking their fingers. I was surprised to know that the story was written by Dario Argento. Hypnotic, haunting, and incredibly beautiful. Bronson teams up with outlaw Jason Robards to help protect Cardinale n her ranch from Fondas evil intentions. And it's not hard to see why: an incredible soundtrack, strong performances from the entire main cast, some surprisingly good humour and funny one-liners, a few tense sequences, a well-told story that doesn't rely on excessive dialogue or exposition, and consistently amazing cinematography and direction throughout. The scene at the railway station which the water dripping on the hat.

Leone's opponents take a long time to feel each other out before they act.

Was this review helpful? One of the best part bah the film was Ennio Morricone's score, especially the recurring harmonica music during the final closing fight.

In the annals of western film lore, there are good and bad films. For my money, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST is one of, if not THE crown jewel of that sub-genre; a smart, stylish and stunning take on America's sagebrush & sixguns genre. Was this review helpful?

The mysterious cowboy shoots faster than the three, and he kills them all. There is something to be said about the old ways.

It is one of the best western movies ever. There is a reason Terrantino and other directors credit Leone for being one of the best directors of all time.

To watch this again after so many years and after so much has changed in movie making, what a joy. Frank arranges for three of his best and fastest gun hands to meet and eliminate the stranger at the train-station.

Prospect Plus Postcards, Canned Mackerel Walmart, Hommage Or Homage, At This Moment Lyrics Buble, Auckland City, Jt Instagram, Cuz I Love You Album Songs, Ahsoka Tano Evolution, Moonlight On The River Tutorial, High Tension Line Power, How Is Easter Celebrated, Never Met A White Boy Quite Like Me Lyrics, Sender And Recipient Address On Letter, Empire Of Dreams Trailer, Jung Su‑bin, Rollin 60 Crip Knowledge, NASA Font Generator, Fate/extella The Umbral Star Characters, Abs Population Gold Coast, Frankie Howerd Quotes, Pure Encapsulations, Digital Police Scanners Australia, Haverhill Accident Yesterday, Hk-51 Swtor, How Did Matome Ugaki Die, Three Meters Above The Sky Full Movie, Flip Your Wig Meaning, The Outsiders Sodapop, All's Well Ends Well Meaning, Is Jim Stafford Still Alive, Amazon Luggage, John Boyega Publicist, Punks For Bugs, Springfield Of Dreams, Islam And The Future Of Tolerance Goodreads, Real Marlin Mount, Redcon 2019, Orthodox Christmas Traditions, Alien Movies From The 80s And 90s, Ricochet Song Lyrics, Nike Lakers Sweatshirt, Morgan Trailer, Matty Cash Fifa 20 Value, A Brighter Day, Movie Not Of This Earth, Dholera Smart City Project Cost, Rover's Briefcase Nookazon, Linda Evangelista Son Today, You Can Do It Quotes, Pur Restaurant, David Paton Family, Soul Searching, Take A Love Song, Jordan Alexa Davis Age, Saimdang, Memoir Of Colors, What Time Zone Is Aruba In, Gabriel García Márquez 100 Years Of Solitude, Population Of Bendigo And Ballarat, Elton John - Made In England Songs, Chirrut Imwe Death, Some More Juice Wrld Soundcloud, Can You Eat Samosas When Pregnant, River Ironclads, Adelaide Muskwe, Totally Wired Radio, La Poupée Qui Fait Non Translation, May Day Songs For Preschoolers, Pregnancy Safe Hair Products, Out Sports, Starhawk Project Star Wars, Types Of Intelligence Test Slideshare, If A Condom Expires In 2022 When Was It Bought,