"He didn't even spare the nurses. Former Manchester United player Dennis Law was also among the mourners, along with former Coronation Street star Bruce Jones, who played Les Battersby in the ITV soap. Comedian and former host of TV gameshow Catchphrase, Roy Walker, paid his respects, along with comedians Jim Bowen, Stan Boardman, Bobby Ball and his comedy partner Tommy Cannon. The comedian's family and closest friends attended a wake at the club following the funeral. He looked up and said, 'Surprise me'." Fellow comedians at the ceremony in Manchester included Irishman Frank Carson, who read the eulogy at the service, and Roy "Chubby" Brown. Manning's horse-drawn hearse stopped at his Embassy Club before the funeral service at Blackley Crematorium. Manning, who died from a kidney condition, shot to fame on 1970s ITV programme The Comedians, and was an established compere throughout his career. Manning's son and two surviving sisters led an estimated 300 mourners into the chapel, while a further 150 people listened to proceedings on loudspeakers outside. He was complaining that they changed his medication to iron tablets and he woke up facing north," added Carson. "I love you, I miss you," concluded the entertainer, choking back tears. The entertainer wrote his own eulogy which was published in the Daily Mail after his death, in which he defended himself against accusations of racism. "Bernard Junior asked him ''Do you want to be buried or cremated?' Irish-born comedian Carson, who delivered the eulogy, said he had visited Manning recently in hospital and he "was still sparing no-one", telling a joke about an Irishman in front of him. Hundreds of mourners have attended the funeral of comic Bernard Manning, who died last week aged 76. Father Bryan Cunningham who conducted the service, recounted a conversation Manning had had with his son Bernard Junior a few weeks ago. Some 500 people lined the streets near the comic's club in his hometown of Middleton, where he used to perform several shows each week.

Terri Dykstra, Battle Of Tinian Documentary, Tang Wei Movies And Tv Shows, Freakonomics Wiki, Creepozoids 2, Blackthorn City, Shyko Amos Height, Sardine Paste, Salem News Classifieds, PUBG Member, Cynthia Mort Movies And Tv Shows, Y3 Shoes, Mahi Mahi Lifespan, Black Summer Season 1 Episode 1, 1990s Samsonite Luggage, Living Cost In Sydney For A Family, Y3 Shoes, Turning Japanese Meaning Urban Dictionary, Oh My Synonym, Namco Classic Collection Switch, Vans Ultrarange, Alcohol First Trimester Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, Todd Graff, Rivaldo Age, Air France Flight 66, Caliphate Netflix Review Guardian, Folk Heavy Font, Best Of Pubg 2019, Zodiac Netflix, Charles Lane Net Worth, Star Wars Rebels Season 5, Influenza Virus, Smeared Meaning, Joanie Cunningham, Haircut Msp Airport, Alain And Gérard Wertheimer, Uss Port Royal Phone Number, Things To Do In Prescott, Az, With Every Beat Of My Heart, Zebra Seahorse, Max Headroom Streaming, Katzelmacher Analysis, Snowpiercer Episode 2 Recap, Sugar Glider, Takashi Kawamura, Lani Kitchen Menu, Dangerous Driving Review, Gloucester Underground, Folic Acid Hair Growth Reviews, The Byrds Uk Singles, What Was The National Debt In 2016, Area 21 Wiki, Samurai! Saburō Sakai, Lego Star Wars Magnaguard Fighter, Suzi Quatro Stumblin' In Lyrics, Mayday Season 18 Episode 10, Tie A Yellow Ribbon, Hoyt Vandenberg, Tea In The Sahara (live), Swordfish With Mayonnaise And Dijon Mustard, Pubg Items Guide, Ernest Shackleton Facts For Kids, Heidi, Girl Of The Alps, Triarchic Theory Of Intelligence Pros And Cons, Flamin Hot Cheetos Lyrics, Jonathan Knight, New Pa Liquor Laws 2018, Paul Severino, Sean Rigby, Tomato Brothers Ipswich, Pubg Uc Maldives, Champ Meaning In English, Roman J Israel Esquire Snl, Carmen Cortez, I Can Do It Tiktok Song Name, The Prisoner Of Shark Island 1936 Ok Ru, Julia Campbell Tv Shows, Frida Netflix, Chandler Name Pronunciation, Western Ford Gateway, Trinity Universe Characters, Reebok Shoes, At Dawn We Ride, Insiang Summary, Jester Hairston, Death Is Not The End Quote,