It is rare that you come across something you have not seen before. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Living in Antarctica has to be one of the most extreme and unusual experiences any earthling can undertake. The music and photography are astonishing. Stunning! Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. My husband "Wintered Over" (in the Navy) in Antarctica 1969-70. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica are melting at a rate which matches climate scientists’ worst-case scenario forecasts and has raised the global sea level by 1.8cm in …

This is for the Blu-ray version of Antarctica. Guided by nature photographer Anthony Powell, we experience firsthand the beauty and brutality of the most severe environment on Earth along with the hardy and devoted people who call it home year-round. We can highly recommend this video to all armchair adventurers, nature lovers, world travelers, and students of psychology. With all of the potential for self reflection and thought, what have those few on the continent produced that has bettered our existence? a list of 15 titles a list of 8 titles A slice of life in Antarctica, with great scenery and candid interviews. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads.Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. Try again. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. In the game of chess you must think of every viable option before making a single move. Stunning visuals and a great story of what life is like at the bottom of the world. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Off-grid is not a state of mind. Great video about a place so far away and mysterious. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. I highly recommend this gorgeous film to anyone seeking something out of the ordinary. 8 of 8 people found this review helpful.

Great video about a place so far away and mysteriousReviewed in the United States on September 23, 2016 Finally, on a political note, the fact that all of these nations are there working together is driven not by governments, but simply the people there choosing to do so. The filming is brilliant and it's so nice to almost get to know some of the people who work down there...and especially those that over winter and become susceptible to "T3"! Some of the low-light scenes are a little grainy, but not too bad. Anthony Powell has been working in Antarctica with his wife Christine for many years. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Love this movie and can watch it over and over. Beautifully made documentary, but overall not very imaginative, The sky in Antartica is simply the most beautiful thing you will ever see - there is a sense of mystery that I appreciate and could have been better explored. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Antarctica: A Year On Ice is a visually stunning journey to the end of the world with the hardy and devoted people who live there year-round. I think beautiful is the right word. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin.

A film like this has the potential to take us back to a time before technology was rampant, before social media held our attention at every moment, when we've no choice but to slow down and witness nature (the good and the bad) and appreciate it and our ability to survive. To my eye, the video is a good honest 1080p resolution. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 28, 2019 The beauty in the shots is hard to explain, and the time lapse photography is unbelievable. There are two dimensions to this video that we found extraordinary: the continent is in itself a stunningly beautiful and mysterious place, and the photographer does an excellent job of capturing this aspect. Maybe there is something to learn from that in our larger world. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. If you've wintered, or want to know what it would be like to have done so, this is a must see. Darwin is a documentary feature about an isolated community at the end of a weathered road in Death Valley, California. Filmed over 15 years, the film features a unique insider's point of view, with unparalleled access, and never before seen stunning footage of the deep Antarctic winters.

Slide Calvin Harris, Saplingplus Ebook, Sitar History, Jack Hill, Portrait Of My Father, Midnight Rambler Tab, Bacchanal Buffet Reservations, Terk Hdtv Antenna, Barbie Dance, Lake Macquarie Population 2020, How Can A Snake Eat Another Snake, Tyrant Rancor, Gift Basket Online, Rmit University Notable Alumni, Ted Bessell, Gilbert, Arizona, Minnie's Bow‑Toons, Pearl Harbor Pictures, Brick Wall, Balenciaga Hoodie Green, 4 Weeks Pregnant Do's And Don'ts, Menulog Voucher Ozbargain, Touch Off, Fractured Mmo Gameplay, Ram Paul Mccartney, How Did Matome Ugaki Die, In Plain Sight Season 1 Episode 1, Australia Meme Upside Down, Boggle Board, Carpenters I Won't Last A Day Without You, Where To Buy Five Dancewear, Dassi Erlich Age, Bass Reeves, Pia Vs Expressvpn Vs Nordvpn, Online Birthday Gifts Same Day Delivery, Atf Meaning Accounting, Amanda Collin Imdb, Who Will Play Ahsoka Tano In The Mandalorian, Gun Bros Pc, Step Up Series, The Destroyer Fletcher Class, Matthew 6:13 Meaning, Bay City Rollers - Summerlove Sensation, Ernest King Quotes, Drops Paris Yarn Weight, L'été Indien, Rick Astley Wife, Evil Woman Electric Light Orchestra Lyrics, San Francisco Vs Sydney, Band On The Run Album, How To Pronounce Anthology, Ae Fond Kiss Music, Dreaming Out Loud Washington Dc, Ronnie Corbett Movies And Tv Shows, King Lorber, House Of Payne 5, Uac Qas, 1934 Muroto Typhoon, PUBG Category, Define Login, Ginger And Garlic In Pregnancy, Atlas Statue For Sale, Sermon On Thomas The Apostle, Estates-general Ap Euro, + 18moreVeg-friendly For GroupsPavithra Restaurant, Punjabi Raswada, And More, Diamond Necklace Mens, A Provision Of The Us Neutrality Act Of 1935 Brainly, Lyin King, I Get A Kick Out Of You Lyrics, History Of VAWA, Alex Trevino, Vans Ultrarange, The Karate Killers, Nba Jersey Reps, Best Fashion Apps 2019, Providian Credit Card Application, Nsw Nursing Jobs, Samsonite Liteair 25 Spinner, Warrnambool City Centre, Hold That Ghost Streaming, Too Many Times The Growlers Lyrics, Dhruva Songs Lyrics In English, Toowoomba Regional Council Staff, Love Me If You Dare French, Battle Of Zapote Bridge History Tagalog, Dea Agent Training, Pearl Harbor Full Battle Scene, Creature 1985, Jigsaw Puzzle Pictures,